Monday, April 16, 2012

Back in Action

Well! I have been a little MIA for the last few months...I was super pregnant, and then actually HAD the baby, SO I've been a little busy. BUT I am about to hit the ground running for the second half of April! Liam is a month old, well he'll actually be 5 weeks tomorrow at 10:21 am..but who's counting? I am returning to my bi-monthly VO workout group tomorrow, which I cant TELL you how excited I am to go back to. It's not a class, but just an amazing opportunity to push your self to try new things and get feedback from some of the BEST in the business. Everyone is so supportive, and I get a good vibes high every time I leave :)  BotCon it the last weekend of this month, and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you may be in the wrong place ;) BotCon is the annual Transformers Convention, and it is SUPER fun :)  Last year was my first experience at BotCon and let me tell you, it was one I won't forget! I got to do a script reading panel with LEGENDARY voice artists that used to work with my dad! People like Gregg Berger, Morgan Lofting, Neil Ross, David Kaye....I had to continuously pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

This year, I was asked back, to accept my father's induction into the Transformers Hall of Fame. I really have no words to describe what that recognition means to my family and me. To know people still know and appreciate his work, 18 years after his death, is truly humbling. He is my biggest inspiration, and I was so blessed to call him my daddy. I will also be participating in another script reading panel! I will be reprising the part I did last year, Minerva, and I'll also be voicing Slipstream, who is roughly a female version of Starscream...so...no pressure there....

We're also converting our tiny, seldom used back bathroom into a recording studio!! I'm so excited to be able to just hop in there and play with different voices, while Liam naps :)

So this month, which also marked my 26th birthday, is one for new beginnings, and I hope you start (and continue) to follow me on this journey to find MY voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment